YOGYAKARTA - Did you know that the energy given by the sun to the earth for one hour can meet global energy needs for one year? Undoubtedly, the sun is a powerful source of energy, and although we cannot collect a fraction of this energy, harnessing this power by installing solar panels can make a significant difference to the planet. What are the advantages of solar panels?
While it has been widely criticized for being expensive or inefficient, solar energy is now proving to be very beneficial – not only for the environment but also for the private economy.
| TEKNOLOGI 26 Sep 2022 17:05
Thanks to available solar panel grants, as well as increasingly competitive prices in the market, solar energy has become the primary energy source for more and more families. The technology has been drastically improved in recent years and has been equipped with a solar battery storage system, turning solar power into a much more efficient source of clean energy.
Advantages of Solar Panels
- Solar power is pollution-free and causes no greenhouse gas emissions after installation
- Reducing dependence on foreign oil and fossil fuels
- Renewable clean power available every day of the year, even cloudy days generate power
- Return on investment is not like paying electricity bills
- Almost no maintenance as solar panels last more than 30 years
- Create jobs by hiring solar panel manufacturers, solar installers, etc. and in turn help the economy
- Excess power can be resold to the power company if the inner grid is tied up
- Ability to live without grid if all the power generated is sufficient for the house/building
- Can be installed almost anywhere; in the field to in the building
- Use the battery to store extra power for use at night
- Solar power can be used to heat water, power homes and buildings, and even electric cars
- Safer than traditional electric current
- Efficiency is always increasing so the same size diesel available today will be more efficient tomorrow
- Improved aesthetics make solar more flexible compared to older models; i.e. printing, flexible, solar shingles, etc.
- Federal grants, tax incentives, and rebate programs are available to help with startup costs
- No trenching is required as solar power can be near or at the installation site
- High initial costs for materials and installation and long ROI (however, with the reduction in diesel costs over the last 10 years, solar costs are becoming more feasible every day)
- Requires a lot of space because the efficiency is not 100%
- No solar power at night so need a big battery bank
- Some people think they're ugly (I'm definitely not one of them!)
- Devices that use DC power directly are more expensive
- Depending on the geographic location, the size of the solar panels varies for the same power plant
- Cloudy days don't produce much energy
- Solar panels are not mass produced due to lack of materials and technology to lower costs enough to become more affordable (this is starting to change)
- Solar-powered cars don't have the same speed and power as normal gas-powered cars (this is also starting to change)
- Lower solar production in winter months
There is more solar power hitting Earth every day than the population can currently use in a year. Let's continue to work to take advantage of this great power and use it well. With rising efficiency, price declines every day, and new technology experiments, it will be interesting to see where we are in the solar industry in the next few years. What do you think the future will look like?
After understanding the advantages of the solar panels, see other interesting news on VOI, it's time to revolutionize news!
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, French, and Spanish versions are automatically generated by the system. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)