JAKARTA - The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the US, General Dan Caine, said that the ceasefire between Iran and the US was only a temporary pause in the war raging in the Middle East leading to a world energy crisis.

He said this at a press conference with US Defense Secretary (Menhan) Pete Hegseth, Wednesday, April 8, reported The Guardian.

Caine said the country's combined forces remain ready if ordered or called upon to continue combat operations.

The boiling of Middle East geopolitics began since the US-Israel launched a joint attack on Iran on February 28, 2028. Since then, more than 1,400 people in Iran have been killed, including the previous Supreme Leader of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Iran retaliated with drone and missile attacks targeting Israel as well as Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates and other Gulf states hosting US military assets. Iran has also restricted the movement of ships through the Strait of Hormuz, creating a global energy crisis.

On Tuesday evening, April 7 local time, US President Donald Trump announced that the US and Iran had agreed to a two-week ceasefire.

Separately, Israel said it supported Trump's move to announce a ceasefire but stressed that the effort did not apply to Lebanon.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)