East Nusa Tenggara Police arrested three suspects in the TIP case in Batam with the initials JY,OAN and DW.
Head of Public Relations of the NTT Police, Kombes Henry Novika Chandra, said the three suspects were arrested after a victim with the initials INWL (19) was rescued
"The victim was exploited as a household worker without receiving a salary," he said as quoted by ANTARA, Thursday, February 20.
The three suspects, OAN (27), work as casual daily workers in Kupang City, are suspected of acting as sponsors who recruited victims.
Then JY, a 51-year-old woman who lives in Batam, acts as an admin of PT. Jasa Bakti Agung who regulates the distribution of illegal labor.
Meanwhile, DW, a 54-year-old man who served as the President Director of PT. Jasa Bakti Agung, is suspected of being involved in the exploitation of victims.
The suspects were charged with Article 2 Paragraph (1) and Article 10 of Law Number 21 of 2007 concerning the Eradication of the Crime of Trafficking in Persons, with a minimum penalty of 3 years and a maximum of 15 years in prison.
This case began when the victim left his house in Kotabes Village, Amarasi District, Kupang Regency, in November 2024 and looked for work through Facebook social media.
The victim then contacted the suspect OAN, who offered household work in Batam with a salary of Rp. 2.6 million to Rp. 2.8 million per month.
On November 21, 2024, the victim met with suspect OAN in Oesapa Village, Kelapa Lima District, Kupang City.
After an online interview was conducted by suspect JY, who was in Batam, the victim was kept at the suspect OAN's house before being flown to Batam the next day using a plane ticket that had been prepared by the suspect.
Arriving in Batam, the victim was picked up by suspects JY and DW, who then placed the victim as a household worker. However, the victim did not get a salary and experienced harsh treatment, including his device being damaged by JY.
SEE ALSO:
After several months in Batam, the victim finally managed to contact his family on February 5, 2025.
Following up on this information, the NTT Regional Police coordinated with the Riau Islands BP3MI and the Riau Islands Regional Police's Renakta IV Sub-Directorate, which then saved the victim and entrusted him to the P2TP2A protection house for the Riau Islands Province.
Currently, the suspects have arrived in Kupang, and are being detained at the NTT Police Headquarters, for further investigation.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)