Polda Metro Jaya has denied accusations of making it difficult for the families of detainees in cases of alleged provocation to visit their relatives.

Head of Public Relations of Polda Metro Jaya Brigadier General Ade Ary Syam Indradi emphasized that access to families is not limited, but there are still rules that must be obeyed, including the schedule and procedures for visiting.

"There are rules, there are procedures, there are visiting hours. No (difficult process)," said Ade to reporters, in Jakarta, Friday, September 19.

The statement was in response to the Ministry of Human Rights (KemenHAM) asking the police to facilitate access to visits to activists detained after anarchist demonstrations some time ago.

According to the Director General of Human Rights Services and Compliance at the Ministry of Human Rights, Munafrizal Manan, the status of a suspect in incitement does not immediately eliminate the rights of activists to receive visits.

"If the disclosure (of the visit access) has actually become a basic principle," said Munafrizal.

He added that all those detained, both suspects and defendants, still have the right to be given legal access. "In principle, the ease of access must be given. But of course I will communicate, coordinate with Polda Metro Jaya to encourage that convenience," he said.

Previously, the family and legal assistants of the suspect incitement to a demonstration complained about the closed access to visits of activists detained at the Metro Jaya Police Headquarters.

The brother of activist Syahdan Hussein (Admin of the Gejayan Calling Instagram account), Sizigia Pukhansa, said the closed access affected Syahdan's condition.

Families and legal companions are prohibited and it is difficult to visit Syahdan. It also disturbs Syahdan's psyche," said Sizigia, Wednesday (17/9).

The four activists arrested were Delpedro Marhaen (Director of Lokataru Foundation), Muzaffar Salim (Lokataru staff), Syahdan Hussein (Admin Gejayan Calling), and Khariq Anhar (Admin of the Plaintiff Student Alliance).

They were accused of being involved in alleged incitement to anarchist acts at a demonstration in front of the DPR/MPR Building on August 25. The police said the four of them used social media to spread demonstration invitations that were deemed to have the potential to cause riots.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)