JAKARTA - The Sindang Sari Nutrition Fulfillment Service Unit (SPPG), North Lampung, clarified the circulation of a viral video on social media that narrated the alleged food that was not fit for consumption in the Free Nutritious Meal (MBG) program at Sindang Sari Elementary School 3, South Kotabumi District, North Lampung.
The head of the Sindang Sari Abib Saputra SPPG stated that the information circulating had caused a commotion and had a wide impact on public perceptions of the MBG Program, especially in Lampung Province.
"We provide clarification regarding the menu of the MBG Program on Monday (12 January) which went viral on various social media. The information that said the menu was not suitable for consumption is not true," said Abib Saputra in an official statement in Jakarta, Wednesday, quoted by Antara.
SPPG Sindang Sari emphasized that all food processing and distribution processes had been carried out in accordance with the applicable Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), from the preparation of ingredients, cooking process, to distribution before being distributed to schools.
The MBG menu distributed on that day consists of white rice, sweet and sour ceplok eggs, stir-fried chickpeas and carrots, tempe bacem, and grapes. Distribution was carried out around 09.00 WIB and the students began to consume it a few minutes later.
Regarding the complaints of some students in the form of stomach pain, nausea, and dizziness, the SPPG Sindang Sari immediately coordinated with the school and related agencies to ensure a quick handling of students who complained.
Responding to allegations that the menu was in a rotten or slimy condition, SPPG Sindang Sari ensured that the allegations were not in accordance with the conditions on the ground.
"The menu served consists of rice, sweet and sour eggs, tempe bacem, and grapes. The allegation that the food is not fit for consumption is not in accordance with the facts we found," said Abib.
SPPG Sindang Sari has also coordinated with the North Lampung Regency Health Office (Dinkes) to conduct checks and test food samples.
"We have coordinated with the relevant services to conduct inspections and test food samples. Based on the initial check, the menu was declared safe and did not cause Extraordinary Events (KLB) for beneficiaries," he said.
Until now, SPPG Sindang Sari continues to monitor whether the menu protested by the head of the elementary school has an impact on the students. A meeting between the SPPG and the head of the school has also been carried out.
As is known, recently a head teacher (kepsek) of SDN 3 Sindang Sari, South Kotabumi District, North Lampung Regency, has made viral the MBG menu which he considers inappropriate.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)