JAKARTA - The United States and Israel have no reason to launch an attack on Iran and it raises doubts about the seriousness of the US in nuclear negotiations with Iran.

This was conveyed by Mikhail Ulyanov, Russian Permanent Representative to the International Organizations in Vienna, Austria, Monday (2/3).

"We want the negotiations (on Iran's nuclear program) to continue," he said, quoted by ANTARA from Sputnik.

However, Ulyanov said it was "hard to imagine" after the attack that negotiations would continue "as if nothing had happened."

"The most shocking thing is that there is no reason to carry out this military action," he said after a special session of the Board of Governors of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on the US-Israeli attack.

He said negotiations were still underway last week before Iran was finally bombed by the US and Israel.

According to Ulyanov, the negotiations are beginning to show real progress. The authorities of Oman and the Director General of the IAEA Rafael Grossi also noted this.

"I spoke to him several times last week. Suddenly, the bombing started. How could this happen? This raises questions about the seriousness of the US in negotiating the Iranian nuclear program," said Ulyanov.

On Saturday, the US and Israel launched attacks on a number of targets in Iran that claimed casualties, including Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. Iran then retaliated by launching attacks on Israel and US military bases in a number of countries in the Middle East.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)