JAKARTA - Indonesian Foreign Minister Sugiono again warned that attacks on nuclear facilities were not justified under any circumstances, reaffirming his support for the nuclear-free Middle East Region.

This was conveyed by Foreign Minister Sugiono at the 51st Ministerial Conference (KTM) of Islamic Cooperation Organizations (OKI) in Istanbul, Turkey, Saturday, June 21.

Israel launched airstrikes in the "Raising Lion" operation on June 13, targeting Iran's nuclear and military facilities.

In his national statement at the 51st KTM of OKI, Foreign Minister Sugiono quoted the statement by the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) Rafael Grossi.

"Nuclear facilities should not be attacked, regardless of context or circumstances, because it can endanger humans and the environment," said Foreign Minister Sugiono.

Israel Defense Forces (IDF) confirmed the attack on Friday because it had enough enriched uranium to make several bombs in a few days, so it needed to act, quoted from The Times of Israel.

Israel is known to target three key Iranian nuclear facilities in Natanz, Isfahan and Fordow, as well as a number of scientists linked to Iran's nuclear research and development, as reported by CNN.

Most recently, United States President Donald Trump stated that the US had completed a "very successful attack" on three nuclear facility points in Iran, Saturday, June 21.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump stated that all US aircraft had come out of Iran's airspace, amid rising tensions in the Middle East.

The Indonesian Foreign Minister said, through a series of recent condemned attacks on Iran, Israel was increasingly showing its indifference to peace and stability.

"This action is a violation of the law, undermines the basics of international law, and harms all peaceful processes to create peace and stability in the region," said Foreign Minister Sugiono.

Israel was previously reportedly seeking US military support to attack Iran's nuclear facilities. Iran itself has warned that Washington will not get involved in this conflict. Russia, which established a strategic partnership with Iran earlier this year, and has ties to Israel.

"Indonesia reaffirms its support for a Nuclear Weapons-Free Middle Eastern Area and Other Mass Destruction Weapons," said the Indonesian Foreign Minister.

It is known that Iran and the US are in negotiations to restore the nuclear deal between the two countries. Originally, the sixth round of negotiations between the two countries was held on June 15 in Oman, Muscat. With this Israeli attack, the negotiation efforts became unclear.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)