JAKARTA - The Global Sumud Flotilla (GSF) coalition of pro-Palestinian activists confirmed that all the ships involved in the latest sailing convoy to break through the Gaza blockade had been intercepted by Israeli Zionist forces.
"All the boats have been intercepted. We are waiting for the latest information regarding their illegal kidnapping," GSF said via the Telegram platform on Tuesday, as reported by Antara.
A humanitarian aid convoy to the Gaza Strip departed from Barcelona, Spain, on April 15.
On the night of April 29 to April 30, activists said Israeli forces took over their boat near the island of Crete, then damaged the ship's engines and navigation systems, and left them.
Then on Monday (18/5), the humanitarian mission ship was surrounded and became a victim of forced interception by a Zionist warship in international waters about 250 nautical miles off the coast of Gaza.
By the end of March, the coalition of activists said the number of ships on the latest flotilla mission would reach 100, with more than 2,000 people taking part.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)