JAKARTA - Minister of Home Affairs Tito Karnavian announced that the Regent of South Aceh, Mirwan MS, has officially received a temporary removal from his position. Mirwan MS was removed for 3 months.

Mirwan MS was temporarily suspended for Umrah to the Holy Land without permission when floods and landslides hit the island of Sumatra, including his area.

"About the two decrees that I have signed are related to the South Aceh Regent, namely, the first decree regarding the dismissal for 3 months," Tito said at a press conference at the Ministry of Home Affairs building, Central Jakarta, Tuesday, December 9.

Mirwan's removal from his position was carried out after he underwent an examination at the Inspectorate General of the Ministry of Home Affairs.

For the time being, the vacant position will be filled by the Deputy Regent of South Aceh, namely Baital Makadis.

"The person concerned is the Acting Regent of South Aceh during the temporary dismissal period," said Tito.

Mirwan MS previously apologized after his departure abroad to perform Umrah without permission. He Umrah when the South Aceh region was still in a state of emergency floods and landslides.

He admitted that his actions sparked public disappointment and unrest. The apology was uploaded through his official Instagram account, @h.mirwan_ms_official.

"I apologize, especially to President Prabowo Subianto, Minister of Home Affairs Tito Karnavian, Governor of Aceh Muzakir Manaf, and the entire community, especially residents of South Aceh," he wrote on Tuesday 9 December.

Mirwan also realized that his decision to leave the area for personal affairs during the disaster had disrupted the stability and handling of the emergency. He emphasized that he was still responsible for the disaster management process in South Aceh.

"Keep working hard to restore public trust and ensure similar incidents do not happen again in the future," he said.

It is known, on December 2, 2025, Mirwan left for Umrah with his wife. His departure drew criticism because the South Aceh region was still in an emergency response status. The situation heated up after the Governor of Aceh Muzakir Manaf on December 5, 2025 emphasized that he had never given permission to Mirwan to go for Umrah during the disaster emergency.

In addition, the Gerindra Party Central Leadership Council (DPP) also imposed sanctions by dismissing Mirwan MS from his position as chairman of the South Aceh Gerindra DPC.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)