The combined Search and Rescue (SAR) team extended the search for landslide victims in Cibeunying Village, Cilacap Regency, Central Java for three days after returning to find two victims in a dead condition.
Head of the Cilacap SAR Office Muhammad Abdullah said the decision to extend the operation was taken after deliberation with the families of the victims, TNI, Polri, and local governments.
"The family hopes that the operation will continue. On humanitarian grounds, the SAR operation has been officially extended for three days," he said as quoted by ANTARA, Wednesday, November 19.
On the search operation on the seventh day, the SAR team managed to evacuate two victims found in different locations.
The first victim on behalf of Nina Puspita (44) was found at 11.03 WIB at Worksite B-1, while the second victim on behalf of Januar Kian Abdilah (15) was found at 12.22 WIB at Worksite B-2.
"Both of them were successfully evacuated dead," he said.
All victims at Worksite B-2 have been found. Therefore, the search operation is then focused on Worksite A-1 which still leaves one victim and Worksite B-1 which still has two victims.
The victim who is still being searched at Worksite A-1 is Maysarah Salsabila (14), while at Worksite B-1 on behalf of Vani Hayati Lanjarsari (12) and Fatin Ayu Rengganis (2).
SEE ALSO:
"At B-1 we continue to use similar search patterns, ranging from deploying heavy equipment, sniffer dogs, using alkons, to extracting equipment. For A-1, because heavy equipment is difficult to reach locations due to loose soil, we maximize the alkon equipment and manual search," Abdullah said.
The landslide disaster occurred on Thursday (13/11), around 19.00 WIB, and buried a number of houses in Tarukahan Hamlet and Cibuyut Hamlet, Cibeunying Village, Majenang District, Cilacap.
The landslide damaged 12 houses and threatened 16 other houses in an area of about 6.5 hectares. Landslides stockpiled settlements and caused 2 meters of land to fall and 25 meters of cracks.
With the discovery of two bodies on the seventh day of the search operation, Wednesday (19/11), it was recorded that three people were still being searched, 20 victims had been found dead, and 23 people had survived.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)