JAKARTA - Around 91 people are believed to be still trapped under the rubble of the Al-Khoziny Islamic boarding school (ponpes) located in Buduran District, Sidoarjo Regency, East Java (East Java).
The graded Islamic boarding school suddenly collapsed on Monday, September 29 when students gathered for the Asr prayer.
"Based on student attendance data, 91 people are suspected of being buried under building materials," said a spokesman for the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB), Abdul Muhari, in a statement Tuesday, September 30 evening, quoted from AFP.
Until now, the joint SAR team continues to struggle to evacuate victims buried by buildings.
SEE ALSO:
Previously, three people died and 38 people are still missing in this incident.
Authorities on Wednesday October 1 continued to confirm the number of missing people when asked at a press conference in Sidoarjo.
Head of the Basarnas Basarnas Operations and Control Sub-Directorate (RPDO) Emi Freezer said that currently his party's focus is on providing logistics for food, drinks and necessities needed for survivors trapped under the rubble.
According to him, Basarnas concentrates on seven areas where there are detectable signs of life.
"The main structure is a total collapse ... We prioritize rescue of still responsive victims," said the Freezer.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)