JAKARTA - President Prabowo Subianto summoned the Head of the Financial Transaction Reports and Analysis Center (PPAT) Ivan Yustiavandana to the Presidential Palace. Various things were conveyed at the meeting.
The summons was in line with the emergence of issues regarding blocking domestic accounts or unemployed accounts.
"Many yes (which were discussed in the meeting)," Ivan told VOI, Wednesday, July 30.
However, Ivan was reluctant to reveal further about the material or matters discussed at the meeting that took place this afternoon, including the possibility of blocking unemployed accounts.
Ivan only mentioned the context of the discussion, should be questioned by the Minister of State Secretary (Mensesneg) Prasetyo Hadi.
"Maybe you can confirm with the Minister of State Secretariat, yes," said Ivan.
Previously reported, PPATK revealed that it had temporarily suspended as many as 28,000 domestic accounts during 2024.
SEE ALSO:
Ivan said the temporary blocking was also carried out as part of PPATK's efforts to protect the public interest, as well as maintain the integrity of the Indonesian financial system.
"The temporary suspension of domestic account transactions aims to provide protection to account owners, as well as prevent misuse by irresponsible parties," said Ivan, in Jakarta, Sunday, May 18.
According to him, passive accounts controlled by irresponsible parties can become one of the modes that are prone to misuse in illegal activities, such as online or online gambling deposits (judol), criminal acts of fraud, narcotics trafficking, and others.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)