JAKARTA - The Central Java (Central Java) Police uncovered the practice of a company that sends illegal Indonesian migrant workers PT RAB in Brebes, Central Java.

Director of General Criminal Investigation of the Central Java Police, Kombes Pol. Dwi Subagio said the investigation began with reports of 10 victims who had been recruited since 2023.

"The victim has not been dispatched until December 2024," he said in Semarang, Wednesday, February 19, as reported by Antara.

Meanwhile, he continued, the average victims had paid a down payment of IDR 22.4 million per person, out of the total cost of IDR 45 million set by the company.

He said the victims had also undergone training and were always promised departure.

In the disclosure, he said, the police also found 10 other prospective migrant workers during an investigation at the PT RAB office.

He said that during the investigation, it was known that PT RAB did not have a permit to place Indonesian migrant workers.

The police have named S who is the President Director of PT RAB as a suspect in the alleged crime of trafficking in persons (TPPO).

As a result of the suspect's actions, which have been operating for 2 years, resulted in the total loss of the victims which reached Rp450 million.

For his actions, the suspect was charged with Law Number 21 of 2007 concerning the Eradication of the Crime of Trafficking in Persons and Article 378 of the Criminal Code concerning fraud.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)