JAKARTA Memories of today, three years ago, September 3, 2022, the Minister of Communication and Information (Kominfo), Johnny G. Plate emphasized that his ministry does not want to be blamed for the leakage of personal data related to 1.3 billion SIM Card data. He emphasized that the people have a responsibility to also protect the data.

Previously, the government had never been serious about managing personal data security. The government has been repeatedly humiliated by breaking into various kinds of personal data managed by the government or the private sector. This condition is proof that the security of personal data in Indonesia is very weak.

The state should be able to provide personal data protection. The government must be able to store and ensure the confidentiality of its people's data. However, this wish never materialized. The government has repeatedly missed the presence of hacking cases related to personal data.

Moreover, the government does not have firmness on personal data managed by the private sector. This condition can be seen in 2020. Data of 91 million users and seven million Tokopedia sellers were successfully hacked. Hacking also occurred in Redoorz and Creditplus.

This condition made all the people excited. The excitement was not taken seriously by the government. The government did not impose sanctions on application service providers. In fact, this action is needed so that similar incidents do not happen again.

The excitement of the weak protection of personal data also arises in government-run data. The hacker who named himself Bjorka helped embarrass the government, in this case Kominfo.

Bjorka leaked data on Kominfo's SIM Card registration and sold it on a failed.to online forum. Bjorka said there were around 1.3 billion SIM Card data. The data is complete with NIK and mobile numbers. The amount of data reaches 87 GB.

This condition provoked the great anger of the Indonesian people. Kominfo is considered incompetent at work. Kominfo is asked to take responsibility immediately. The leak made people's lives uneasy. Moreover, the government did not take preventive measures.

If you read the comments of people in the digital world, people seem to lose confidence in Kominfo. The company may no longer believe in Kominfo. It is not clear that the settlement of cases of leakage of 17 million PLN data and 26 million Indihome data is now even greater than 1.3 billion data allegedly leaked.

"If it is true that a data leak has occurred that big, this will become a national data earthquake. From the start, we have warned Kominfo about the registration of this SIM card. It is necessary but at stake is the data security of the card holder," said Member of Commission 1 DPR RI from the PKS Sukamta faction as quoted by pagenpks.id, September 2, 2022.

Criticism continues to be directed at Kominfo. Johnny G. Plate is considered the most responsible person. The Minister of Communication and Information is considered the culprit of a similar incident that continues to occur. Johnny is considered reluctant to take firm action in maintaining the security of personal data.

Johnny responded on September 3, 2022. He did not want Kominfo to continue to be blamed for the breach of data on 1.3 billion SIM Card data. Instead, he turned to blame the Indonesian people. He asked the Indonesian people not to carelessly share their NIK with other people or third parties.

"It can't be just mistakes, but we have to find the cause and where. The end is leaked data. After that, if there is potential, we will conduct security auditology or encryption at the electronic system organizers," Johnny said as quoted on the tempo.co page, September 3, 2022.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)