JAKARTA - The Ministry of Transportation (Kemenhub) ensures that the implementation of the 2025 Christmas and 2026 New Year (Nataru) transportation runs smoothly and is under control until it passes through the peak of the return flow.
"The results of the evaluation of the Nataru transportation since it started on December 18, 2025 to today have gone well and smoothly. There has been an improvement in aspects of safety and traffic flow compared to the previous year. This is thanks to the collaboration of all parties involved," said Director General of Land Transportation of the Ministry of Transportation Aan Suhanan in an official statement, Monday, January 5.
Aan expressed his appreciation to all stakeholders involved in the implementation of the Nataru transportation so that it can take place safely, safely, and orderly.
He also emphasized that the results of this evaluation will be an important basis for the next transportation policy.
"The evaluation of the implementation of the Nataru transportation will also be the material for formulating policies in the implementation of the Lebaran transportation later," he said.
Regarding operational arrangements during the holiday period, Aan explained that the implementation of the Restriction on the Transportation of Goods, traffic arrangements on toll roads, and crossings contained in the Joint Decree will end on January 4, 2026 at 24.00 local time.
Meanwhile, the Head of the National Police Traffic Corps (Kakorlantas) Inspector General Pol. Agus Suryonugroho said that the number of accidents during the 2025/2026 Nataru period had experienced a significant decrease.
Agus said that the fatality rate of the deceased was recorded to have decreased by 27.12 percent, while the total number of accidents decreased by about 7 percent.
"The toll roads and arteries are under control, tourist locations and places of worship are also quite under control. Last year there were three prominent events, this year it dropped to 1 prominent event. The evaluation of the implementation of Nataru this year went smoothly," said Agus.
In line with this, Jasa Marga President Director Rivan A. Purwantono explained that until the previous day, the number of vehicles returning to the Jakarta area through toll roads had reached around 2.85 million vehicles from a total projection of 2.9 million vehicles.
"This means that it is close to and in line with the projection. The dominance is still mostly from the East direction of 46 percent, the West direction of 29.2 percent and the Bogor direction of 23 percent," explained Rivan.
Rivan said that from the traffic flow in the East direction, the movement was divided between vehicles from the Trans Java Toll Road at 50 percent and from Bandung at 49 percent.
Furthermore, he also revealed that the peak of community mobility occurred on December 20, 2025 with a volume of 189,000 vehicles and on December 24, 2025 as many as 201,000 vehicles.
"Until yesterday, the traffic flow from the Trans Jawa toll road towards Jakarta was smooth and quite gentle. Including the meeting point at KM 66 so that Jasa Marga considers it unnecessary to carry out the contra flow scheme," he said.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)