JAKARTA - PT Angkasa Pura Indonesia (InJourney Airports) implemented the Airport Contingency Plan (ACP) procedure and activated the Emergency Operation Center when the Saudia SV-5688 plane made an emergency landing at Kualanamu Airport, Deli Serdang.
"Kualanamu Airport immediately runs the Airport Contingency Plan (ACP) and activates the Emergency Operation Center with elements of the Airport Security Committee," said PGS Corporate Secretary Group Head of InJourney Airports Anak Agung Ngurah Pranajaya as reported by ANTARA, Sunday, June 22.
InJourney Airports informed that the Saudia SV-5688 plane landed safely at Kualanamu Airport at around 09.27 WIB.
The pilot from the plane with the Jeddah-Muskat-Surabaya route diverted the landing to Kualanamu Deli Serdang Airport as the closest airport to the plane's position when receiving information about the threat of security and safety.
He said the plane landed well at Kualanamu Airport, and the information received from the airline, passengers had headed to the hotel for departure tomorrow.
Furthermore, he said that currently security and safety procedures have also been carried out by the authorities on aircraft and passenger luggage until the aircraft is declared safe to be able to return to fly to Surabaya.
"It can also be conveyed that flight operations at Kualanamu Airport will continue to run smoothly, and there will be no disturbances due to this incident," he said.
He added the incident was the second time in a week, where a similar incident occurred on June 17, 2025, while InJourney Airports remained alert to provide safety and security handling according to procedures.
"Further information will be delivered regularly," he said.
Previously, the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (Ditjen Hubud) of the Ministry of Transportation ensured the safety and security of 376 passengers of the 33 Surabaya Flying Group (kloter) pilgrims from the alleged threat of bombs for the second time.
"After previously the Saudia Airlines SV 5276 route Jeddah-Jakarta received a bomb threat via electronic mail (email), today the same airline Saturday (21/6) was again threatened with a bomb," said Head of the Regional Airport Authority II-Medan Asri Santosa as stated in Jakarta, Saturday (21/6).
The threat was made by telephone received by Air Traffic Control (ATC) officer at the Jakarta Area Control Center (ACC) from Kuala Lumpur ACC, but with a different route, namely the Jeddah-Muscat (Oman)-Surabaya route.
The pilot of the Saudia Airlines SV 5688 decided to divert the flight route to Kualanamu Airport in Medan after receiving a bomb threat. The decision was taken after coordinating with related parties for early handling.
Asri explained that the handling (emergency treatment) was carried out after the Saudia Airlines plane landed an emergency at Kualanamu Airport.
After the plane landed at Kualanamu Airport at 09.27 WIB, an emergency treatment was carried out in the form of an inspection of all passengers and crew.
"Then proceed with checking the aircraft cabin and cargo competition (passengers in the trunk)," said Asri.
Asri added that at 12.55 WIB the inspection of the crew and passengers had been completed and the joint aircraft inspection was continued by the Gegana Police Team, the Bomb Disposal Team from the Police, TNI AD, TNI AU and the Airport Security Officer (Avia Security).
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)