JAKARTA - The Ministry of Public Works (PU) together with PT Hutama Karya (HK) repaired 125 points of collapsed or collapsed roads on the Trans Sumatra Road which connects North Tapanuli to Central Tapanuli and Sibolga City.

"We are working on 125 points of ban spread from Tarutung District, North Tapanuli to Sibolga City along 60 kilometers (km)," said PT Hutama Karya Project Manager Mikael Turnip in Simaninggir, Saturday, quoted by Antara.

According to him, this work is divided into two sections of the road from Tarutung District to Simaninggir Village, Sitahuis District, there are 107 points of road ban.

Meanwhile, from Simaninggir Village to Sibolga, there are 15 points of roads that will be repaired.

According to him, currently the landslide is being cleaned, compacted, and a soil retaining wall with concrete protection is being built.

In addition, his party is also working on drainage improvements at the point so that the spring is channeled to one location so as not to erode the cliff.

He said workers continued to work every day and there was no holiday.

In addition, despite the rainy conditions, work activities continue to run according to safety operating standards.

His party also alerted heavy equipment that was always ready 24 hours a day to repair this road.

"We are deploying a number of heavy equipment from various functions to complete this repair work," he said.

Previously, the Ministry of PU and HK also urged the repair of the Trans Sumatra line in Simaninggir Village, Situhuis District, Central Tapanuli Regency, North Sumatra Province which was broken due to the impact of the landslide disaster.

"We continue to work every day to complete this work. Currently, this line can be used by local residents using two wheels," he said.

Previously, the government estimated the total budget for post-flood rehabilitation and reconstruction in Sumatra to be around Rp50 trillion, for all recovery needs, including infrastructure such as roads and other public facilities.

Meanwhile, economists estimate that the cost of post-flood reconstruction in Sumatra ranges from Rp50 trillion to Rp70 trillion for the three affected provinces, namely Aceh, North Sumatra and West Sumatra.

Previously, the Ministry of Public Works said that national roads affected by the disaster had been reconnected and were now in the permanent reconstruction phase in a number of areas.

All national roads and bridges that were previously cut off can now be passed, although many are still in the process of being repaired, especially in sub-districts and villages.

The North Sumatra Provincial Government has also allocated around Rp. 430 billion for post-flood recovery efforts (not only roads, but all post-disaster needs).


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)