JAKARTA - Iran's latest peace proposal to the United States includes cessation of hostilities on all fronts including Lebanon, withdrawal of US forces from areas near the State of the Mullahs and compensation for damages caused by the US-Israeli war, government media reported on Tuesday.

In Tehran's first comments on the proposal, Deputy Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi said the Mullah's State also wanted the lifting of sanctions, the release of frozen funds, and the end of the US maritime blockade against the country, according to the IRNA news agency, reported Al Arabiya from Reuters (19/5).

The conditions outlined in the Iranian report appear to be little changed from Iran's previous offer, which US President Donald Trump dismissed last week as "garbage."

President Trump said on Monday he had delayed plans to resume strikes against Iran after Tehran sent Washington a new peace proposal, and that there was now a "very good chance" of reaching an agreement that would limit Iran's nuclear program.

Reuters could not confirm whether preparations had been made for an attack that would mark the resumption of a war that Trump began at the end of February.

Under pressure to reach an agreement that would reopen the Strait of Hormuz - the main supply route for the world's oil supplies and other commodities - President Trump has previously expressed hope that an agreement to end the conflict is imminent, and has also threatened to carry out a massive attack on Iran if Tehran does not reach an agreement.

In a social media post, Trump said the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates had asked him to delay the attack because "a deal will be made, which will be very acceptable to the United States, as well as all countries in the Middle East, and beyond."

Speaking to reporters later on Monday, Trump said the US would be satisfied if it could reach an agreement with Iran that prevented Tehran from obtaining nuclear weapons.

"It seems like there's a very good chance that they can work something out. If we can do that without bombarding them to death, I'd be very happy," said President Trump.

Separately, a Pakistani source confirmed Islamabad, which has been relaying messages between the two sides since hosting the only round of peace talks last month, had conveyed Iran's proposal to Washington.

Both sides "continue to change their targets," the Pakistani source said, adding: "We don't have much time."

Although the two sides have not publicly revealed any concessions in the negotiations, which have been stalled for a month, a senior Iranian official on Monday hinted that Washington might soften some of its demands.

The source said the US had agreed to release a quarter of Iran's frozen funds - amounting to tens of billions of dollars - held in foreign banks. Iran wants all of these assets to be released.

In addition, the source also said Washington had shown more flexibility in agreeing to allow Iran to continue some peaceful nuclear activities under the supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

However, the Uncle Sam's country has not confirmed that they have agreed to anything in the talks.

A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, denied a report from Iran's Tasnim news agency that Washington had agreed to lift oil sanctions against Iran while negotiations were ongoing.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)