JAKARTA - The TNI Habema Operations Command (Koops) confirmed that it was not involved in the explosion incident outside the Stasi Santo Paulus Nabuni Church, Mbamogo, Agisiga District, Intan Jaya Regency, Central Papua, Sunday (17/5).
"We regret the news and narratives on social media that immediately accuse the TNI/Polri as the perpetrators. Here we emphasize that the TNI is not the perpetrator of the bombing," said Head of Public Information of the TNI Habema, Lieutenant Colonel (Inf) Wirya Arthadiguna, reported by ANTARA, Monday, May 18.
According to Wirya, his party has several evidences that show the TNI did not carry out the explosion.
The first evidence is a grenade that was found in a different location from the standard grenade owned by the TNI.
Furthermore, he said the TNI had never used explosive drones to attack civilians, especially in places of worship.
In addition, continued Wirya, his party could not possibly do this because from the beginning the TNI's task in Papua was to create security and protect local residents.
"The TNI always prioritizes a humanistic security approach and protects the Papuan people," he said.
- https://voi.id/berita/575877/pm-malaysia-kecam-penahanan-aktivis-global-sumud-flotilla-oleh-israel
- https://voi.id/berita/575863/pindad-siap-buat-mobil-kaca-transparan-untuk-presiden-prabowo
- https://voi.id/berita/575853/2-jurnalis-republika-disandera-israel-pelanggaran-serius-hukum-internasional
[/see_also]
Until now, Koops Habema continues to investigate who is behind this act of terror.
During the search process, Wirya appealed to the public not to spread false information that could mislead residents by accusing the TNI of being involved in the explosion.
"We appeal to all parties not to disseminate unverified information that has the potential to provoke and complicate the security situation in Intan Jaya," said Wirya.
He suspected that this incident was very likely a provocation by parties who wanted to divide the TNI with the Papuan people.
Previously, the explosion occurred at around 17.51 WITA on Sunday (17/5). Based on the information collected, the explosion resulted in four people being injured.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)