JAKARTA - Israeli attacks on a group of civilians in Khan Younis, southern Gaza, Palestine on Thursday killed one person and injured three others, after attacks on Wednesday night killed five others, according to local medical sources.
A source at Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis told the Turkish Anadolu News Agency (AA), the bodies of Yahya Abu Shalhoub and three wounded people arrived at the hospital after an Israeli drone attack targeted them in the al-Maslakh area south of the city, as quoted (23/4).
This incident occurred amid the continued ceasefire violations by Israel which came into effect on October 10, 2025, following the genocide since the latest conflict broke out on October 7, 2023.
Israeli artillery also shelled areas east of Khan Younis on Thursday, while Israeli military vehicles fired heavy fire in the east of the city and in the al-Mawasi area northwest of Rafah, local sources said.
Eyewitnesses said Israeli forces carried out massive destruction of houses and facilities in their settlement areas east of Gaza City on Thursday morning, along with artillery fire and gunfire in the surrounding areas.
Earlier on Wednesday night, Israel killed five Palestinians, including three children, in a drone strike that hit a crowd of civilians in Beit Lahia, northern Gaza.
A source at al-Shifa Hospital said the bodies of the five victims, including three children, were brought to the facility along with several injured victims, one of whom was in critical condition.
Eyewitnesses said the Israeli attack targeted a group of Palestinians who gathered near the al-Qassam Mosque in the area, causing many casualties.
Ambulances transported the victims and the wounded to al-Shifa Hospital, according to a correspondent.
Meanwhile, the Gaza media office noted that Israel had committed more than 2,400 violations of the October ceasefire, including killings, arrests, siege measures and food shortages.
The Gaza Ministry of Health announced that the violations had killed 786 Palestinians and injured 2,217 others.
Israel is also accused of violating the agreement by restricting the entry of a number of food, medicine, medical supplies, and materials for housing into Gaza, where about 2.4 million Palestinians, including 1.5 million refugees, live in very difficult conditions.
Meanwhile, the Palestinian News Agency WAFA quoted medical sources on Thursday as reporting that the number of deaths due to Israeli aggression in the Gaza Strip had reached 72,568 people, with 172,338 people injured since October 7, 2023.
It added that thousands of victims were still trapped under the rubble of buildings or on the streets. However, emergency response teams have difficulty reaching them due to a lack of essential equipment for debris removal and rescue operations.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)