JAKARTA - A Palestinian man died from injuries he suffered after an Israeli military raid on the Qalandia refugee camp, which is north of the occupied territory of East Jerusalem, according to local medical sources.
Medical sources at the Palestinian Medical Complex in Ramallah said Mustafa Hamad died after being shot during the raid.
He was taken to hospital in critical condition and later pronounced dead, the source said.
Reporting from ANTARA, Friday, March 27, Anadolu correspondent reported that Hamad's funeral procession started from the hospital and was attended by the Governor of Ramallah and Al-Bireh, Leila Ghannam.
Earlier on the same day, the Palestinian Red Crescent said its teams were treating two youths wounded by live fire during an Israeli army raid.
Local sources said the clashes took place at the entrance of the camp when Israeli forces used live ammunition, rubber bullets, and tear gas. Palestinian youths threw stones at the troops, according to the source.
Violence has escalated across the West Bank since the start of the war in Gaza on October 8, 2023, including killings, destruction, displacement, and settlement expansion.
The heightened tensions in the West Bank have killed 1,135 Palestinians, injured some 11,700 others, and led to the arrest of some 22,000 people, amid international warnings that Israel could move to annex the territory.
The Palestinian-Israeli conflict has its roots in 1948, when Israel was established in an area that led to hundreds of thousands of Palestinians being expelled.
Israel then took control of the rest of the Palestinian territory and refused to withdraw its troops and the establishment of an independent Palestinian state.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)