JAKARTA - Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi considers the bloody end of peaceful demonstrations in his country to be an organic reason for the United States (US) to intervene militarily.

Araghchi said this to foreign diplomats in Tehran today, Monday, January 12.

"It turned into violence and bloodshed to give an excuse [for US military intervention]," Araghchi said, quoted by Al Jazeera.

Trump previously threatened to interfere with Iran's internal affairs by planning a US military intervention if the demonstrations in the country became chaotic.

According to Araghchi, the threat has motivated "terrorists" to infiltrate demonstrations and security forces to make mass action turbulent and bloody.

However, Araghchi said the Iranian government respected the mass action and opened a dialogue so that the situation and conditions in his country would be conducive again.

"We are ready for war but also for dialogue," he said.

Citing Sky News, the US-based Human Rights Activists News Agency reported that as many as 544 people were killed in demonstrations leading to riots in Iran.

The US-based media also said that more than 10,681 people had been arrested and transferred to prison.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)