SURABAYA - The Disaster Victim Identification (DVI) Team of the East Java Regional Police (Polda Jatim) completed the identification process for all victims of the collapse of the Al Khoziny Islamic Boarding School (Ponpes) building in Buduran, Sidoarjo.
"Today, the East Java Regional Police's DVI team has succeeded in identifying five body bags. All of them match the five antemortem numbers reported by the family," said Head of the East Java Regional Police's Medical and Health Division (Kabiddokkes) Kombes M. Khusnan Marzuki at Bhayangkara Hospital Surabaya reported by ANTARA, Wednesday, October 15.
With the addition of these five identifications, all 63 victims who were reported missing have been identified from a total of 67 body bags received by the East Java Police DVI team.
"To this day, all the victims who were reported missing have been identified. A total of 63 people have been identified," said Khusnan.
He emphasized that the DVI operation was declared complete and officially closed after the entire identification process was completed.
"Everything has been finished because tonight we will hand over all the bodies to their respective families according to the verified identities," he said.
Khusnan revealed that the success of identifying all victims in a relatively short time could not be separated from the solid cooperation of various parties.
"We work with a solid team, supported by the Indonesian Forensic Doctors Association, identification team, and DNA laboratory of the National Police Medical and Health Center (Pusdokkes). All work optimally, without wasted time," he said.
He said the DVI team worked for the full 24 hours in the first few days since the identification process began, so the results could be faster than originally estimated.
Answering questions about the condition of the body, Khusnan said that all body bags sent to the DVI team had been fully identified.
Everything is identified through a combination of DNA, medical, and property data. No body parts have not been identified," he said.
At the end of his statement, Khusnan expressed his deep condolences for the deaths of the victims of the accident.
"We are sorry for the victims of the students. May their deeds of worship be accepted by Allah SWT and the families left behind be given fortitude," he said.
He also thanked all parties who supported the DVI operation until they successfully completed the identification process properly.
"This operation can run smoothly thanks to the support of all parties. Hopefully it will be a charity for all of us," he said.
SEE ALSO:
The following is the data on victims who have been identified:
1.Sholihan (17), a resident of Konyek Hamlet, Alas Rajah, Blega, Bangkalan, East Java.
2. Raihan Rafa Aldiyansyah (14), a resident of Langgar Hamlet, Banyoneng Laok, Geger, Bangkalan, East Java.
3. Fairuz Shirojuddin (16), a resident of Jalan Singajaya RT 001 RW 001, Singopadu, Tulangan, Sidoarjo, East Java.
4. Moch. Defa Sharifuddin (17), a resident of Kaligede Hamlet RT 001 RW 001, Ngadipiro, Wilangan, Nganjuk, East Java.
5. Zaky (12), a resident of Plaggaran Timur, Lepelle, Robatal, Sampang, East Java.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)