JAKARTA - Local authorities in Ukraine ordered the evacuation of families from dozens of villages on Tuesday near the northeastern city of Kupiansk in Ukraine, taking into account "devacuating security situations", in areas that have faced intense Russian attacks.

The Governor of Kharkiv Region in northeastern Ukraine by Syniehubov wrote on Telegram, a total of 409 families with 601 children have been ordered to leave 27 locations.

Another official in the affected area later told public broadcaster Suspilne the list of locations to be evacuated by the family had been expanded to 40 locations.

For months, Russian troops have attacked and advanced to the city of Kupiansk, which is seen as the main target in their efforts to the west through central and eastern Ukraine in a war that has lasted more than 3.5 years.

The city was originally captured by Russian troops in the early weeks of the February 2022 Ukrainian invasion. However, Kyiv forces took it back at the same end of the year.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky last week said Ukrainian troops were defending the main front lines, including Kupiansk.

He has also in recent days spoken of a retaliatory Ukrainian attack near the further southern city of Dobropillia.

In Russia, President Vladimir Putin last week told senior officers Moscow troops hold strategic advantages throughout the front lines.

Ukraine's Chief of Military Staff General Oleksander Syrskyi estimates the front line stretches more than 1,200 km (775 miles).


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)