The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) received refunds from suspects and parties related to allegations of extortion related to the licensing process for foreign workers (TKA) at the Ministry of Manpower (Kemnaker). The amount is said to have reached Rp8.51 billion.

"Until now, the parties, including the suspects, have returned the money to the state through the KPK holding account with a total of Rp. 8.51 billion," said KPK Chairman Setyo Budiyanto to reporters as quoted from the Indonesian KPK YouTube, Friday, July 18.

Meanwhile, the money enjoyed by eight suspects reached Rp53.7 billion. The details are that Suhartono received Rp460 million from the extortion while serving as Director General of Binapenta and PKK of the Ministry of Manpower in 2020-2023.

Then, Haryanto, who also served as Director of PPTKA for the 2019-2024 period, pocketed IDR 18 billion; Wisnu as Director of PPTKA of the Ministry of Manpower for the 2017-2019 period received IDR 580 million; Devi Anggraeni as Coordinator of the PPTKA Feasibility Test for the 2020-July 2024 period later became Director of PPTKA for the 2024-2025 period pocketing up to IDR 2.3 billion; and Gatot Widiartono as Coordinator for Analysis and Control of Foreign Workers The Directorate for Control of the Use of Foreign Workers at the Ministry of Manpower for the period 2021-2025 pocketed IDR 6.3 billion.

In addition, 3 staff at the Directorate General of Binapenta and PPK who were suspects also pocketed money from extortion. Putri Citra Wahyo called the KPK received Rp13.9 billion; Jamal Shodiqin received Rp1.1 billion; and Alfa Eshad received Rp1.8 billion.

"While the rest is used to distribute to employees at the PPTKA Directorate as money for two weeks," said Setyo.

The money, continued Setyo, was also used by the suspects to buy assets that had been confiscated. Here are the details:

1. From the suspect WP in the form of 4 plots of land and buildings with a total area of 2,694 m2 located in Bekasi Regency, West Java;

2. From the suspect HY in the form of 2 plots of land along with buildings covering an area of 227 m2 and 2 plots of land with an area of 182 m2 located in Depok City, West Java;

3. From the suspect DA in the form of a plot of land covering an area of 802 m2 in Cianjur Regency, West Java as well as a plot of land and building covering an area of 72 m2 in Depok City, West Java;

4. From the GTW suspect in the form of 2 plots of land and buildings located in South Jakarta City covering an area of 188 m2;

5. From the suspect PCW in the form of 2 plots of land covering an area of 244 m2 located in Bekasi City, West Java, and 3 plots of land along with buildings with an area of 172 m2 in South Jakarta City; and

6. From the suspect JS in the form of 9 plots of land with a total area of 20,114 m2 located in Karanganyar, Central Java.

Not only that, investigators also confiscated 13teen vehicles consisting of 11 cars and two motorbikes.

Previously reported, the KPK officially announced eight suspects in the extortion case for the processing of foreign workers' permits (TKA) at the Ministry of Manpower (Kemnaker) for the 2019-2024 period.

Two of them were Suhartono and Haryanto who had served as Director General of Manpower Placement and Expansion of Job Opportunities (Binapenta and PKK) of the Ministry of Manpower. They are suspected of having participated in the flow of extortion money from foreign workers whose value reached Rp53.7 billion.

Meanwhile, the other suspect is Wisnu Pramono as Director of PPTKA of the Ministry of Manpower; Devi Anggraeni as Coordinator of the PPTKA Feasibility Test for the period 2020-July 2024 then became Director of PPTKA for the period 2024-2025; Gatot Widiartono as Coordinator of Analysis and Control of Foreign Workers The Directorate of Control of the Use of Foreign Workers of the Ministry of Manpower; and Putri Citra Wahyoe, Jamal Shodiqin, and Alfa Eshad who are staff at the Directorate General of Binapenta and PPK.

This case began when the order to extort the applicant was conveyed by Suhartono and Haryanto as former Director General of Binapenta and PKK of the Ministry of Manpower and two former Directors of PPTKA of the Ministry of Manpower Wisnu Pramono and Devi Angraeni. This request was later executed by Putri Citra Wahyoe, Jamal Shodiqin, and Alfa Eshad as verifiers

The mode of extortion is called the KPK by prioritizing foreign workers who give money to take care of the Foreign Workers Use Plan (RPTKA) file. Meanwhile, those who did not give money were asked for their applications and not even processed.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)