"Based on last year's experience and movement during Christmas and New Year (Nataru), the number of travelers is estimated to be above 100 million people. Therefore, we will take more mature anticipatory steps," said Deputy Main Assistant for Operations (Wanastamops) of the National Police Chief, Inspector General Endi Sutendi in his statement, Wednesday, February 26.

Efforts are made to anticipate congestion by implementing a traffic engineering scheme on toll roads. However, regarding the implementation time, it will be situational.

This means that the traffic engineering scheme will be implemented if officers in the field assess that it is necessary to resolve traffic congestion

"For the scheme on toll roads, we will see the situation and conditions on the ground. If necessary, we will implement contraflow, a one-way system, as well as divert currents to arterial routes to facilitate traffic," he explained.

In addition, the National Police will cooperate with various relevant agencies to ensure smooth homecoming and backflow. Thus, efforts made to anticipate congestion will be maximized.

"Insyaallah, pertengahan Maret nanti kami akan menggelar Rapat Lintas Sektoral bersama Kementerian Perhubungan dan instansi terkait untuk mendapatkan informasi yang lebih valid," kata Endi

Sebelumnya diberitakan, Polri memprediksi puncak arus mudik Lebaran 2025 akan terjadi selama tiga hari yang dimulai pada 28 hingga 30 Maret. Karenanya, akan diberlakukan Operasi Ketupat yang berlangsung mulai 26 Maret hingga 8 April 2025.

"The National Police will hold Operation Ketupat from March 26 to April 8. The peak of the homecoming flow is expected to occur on March 28-30, while the backflow is predicted to peak after April 8," said Endi.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)