Just Reported, There Are Students Of SMAN 72 Jakarta Who Have Experienced Hearing Disorders
JAKARTA - Metro Jaya Police Chief Inspector General Asep Edi Suheri revealed the number of victims in the explosion at SMAN 72 Jakarta. Based on the latest data collected, the total number of victims was recorded at 96 people, consisting of 67 minor injuries, 26 moderate injuries, and 3 serious injuries.
Inspector General Asep explained that the increase in the number of victims occurred because a number of students had just reported complaints of injuries and hearing loss a few days after the incident.
"This number of victims has experienced a slight increase in initial data because several students have just reported complaints of injuries and hearing loss after several days of the incident," he said at a press conference at the Metro Jaya Police Headquarters, Tuesday, November 11, 2025.
Asep added that all victims have received treatment at various health facilities, including the Cempaka Putih Islamic Hospital, Yarsi Hospital, Pertamina Hospital, Lantamal Health Center, Kelapa Gading Health Center, and Police Hospital.
As of November 11, 2025 at 12.30 WIB, it was recorded that 68 people had been allowed to go home, while 28 others were still undergoing treatment. In detail, 13 people were treated at the Cempaka Putih Islamic Hospital, 14 people at the Yarsi Hospital, and 1 person at the Police Hospital.
All victims who had been treated at Pertamina Hospital, Lantamal Health Center, and Kelapa Gading Health Center have been sent home.
SEE ALSO:
"Furthermore, we will deepen the results of the investigation and examination of witnesses, including additional forensic examinations of explosives and digital analysis of the perpetrator's device," he said.
Previously, the explosion occurred during a Friday prayer sermon at two locations in SMAN 72, Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta, on November 7, 2025. As a result, dozens of people were injured, some of whom suffered burns.
The police have conducted a search at the location, secured a number of evidences, and searched the house of the alleged perpetrator as part of the investigation process. Meanwhile, the perpetrator, who is also a student at SMAN 72 Jakarta, was successfully secured and carried out treatment due to injuries from the explosion.
photo caption: Metro Jaya Police Chief, Inspector General Asep Edi Suheri in a press conference at the Metro Jaya Police Headquarters, Tuesday 11 November 2025. Ari Kurnitsyah