Elderly Victims Of Burglary Of JHT Dioper Accounts Here And There By BPJS Cengkareng, Police Ignore
JAKARTA - Deep disappointment was experienced by Esah's family, a victim of fraud in the disbursement of BPJS funds whose report stagnated for 1 year at the West Jakarta Metro Police.
The reason is, even though he has reported it to the police and the Cengkareng BPJS branch office, the victim does not get justice for his rights.
"From the BPJS Cengkareng side, someone has been summoned by the police, and a representative has attended the summons. But the answer from the statement from the Cengkareng branch BPJS is not his responsibility, sir, because it was the one who carried out the process of disbursing the fictitious JHT funds for my grandmother until it was successful at the Cilandak branch of BPJS, South Jakarta," said Fery, the grandson of Esah, a victim of fraud when confirmed, Tuesday, July 22, 2025.
In fact, for 1 year, Esah's family continued to wait for the clarity of the lost JHT BPJS money amounting to Rp. 62.5 million. For them, the lost tens of millions is the right of Esah to disburse JHT funds.
In fact, the victim's family is ofteniopered here and there from the BPJS Cengkareng Branch - BPJS Cilandak Branch office. The West Jakarta Metro Police who handle the case also has not shown a bright spot.
"Until now, the Cilandak branch of BPJS has not received any information on the summons from the police," he regretted.
Fery said that the West Jakarta Metro Police investigators were considered unprofessional in handling the fraud case. Even the family experienced serious disappointment over the attitude of the investigator.
"Currently, I am not in good relations with investigators who handle my grandmother's case because my family and grandmother (get unethical sentences) with their investigators when asking for progress (fraud cases)," he said.
Fery hopes that West Jakarta Metro Police investigators will remain professional and in accordance with procedures as the police in handling cases that have stalled for 1 year.
Meanwhile, the Head of the BPJS Cengkareng Branch, Arwan Saputra, admitted that the Cengkareng Employment BPJS had been summoned by the West Jakarta Metro Police as a witness on September 18, 2024.
"The BAP statement has been submitted to the police and until now there has been no request from the police," he said when confirmed.
SEE ALSO:
Previously, Esah (60), a resident of Kalideres District, West Jakarta, admitted to being a victim of fraud while trying to disburse BPJS funds at the BPJS Taman Palem Office, West Jakarta.
The case occurred on Monday, July 8, 2024. However, until now the victim and family members admitted that they had not received a bright spot from the police, namely the West Jakarta Metro Police. This case has been adrift, for up to a year.
According to the victim's statement, the modus operandi was that the perpetrator went to the victim's house and claimed to be a BPJS Cengkareng officer, Taman Palem, West Jakarta.
The victim, who is classified as an elderly (elderly) with physical limitations, did not have time to check more about the officer's identity. Moreover, at that time there were no family members who accompanied him.
The perpetrator then pretended to take care of the administration. Over time, when the victim was about to check the money in the 'Seabank' application, it turned out that there was an unknown transaction of Rp. 62.500,000 from the victim's account to Bank BCA on behalf of Dewi Sapitri.
Allegedly, the perpetrator used the victim's personal data to break into BPJS' money to be transferred to another account.