JAKARTA - The Norwegian Football Federation (NFF) said it could not remain silent on the suffering of humanity in Gaza.

They plan to donate profits from the 2026 World Cup Qualification match against Israel to help Palestinians in Gaza.

Norway will play against Israel in Oslo on October 11, 2025.

"Both we and other organizations cannot remain silent on humanitarian suffering and disproportionate attacks that have been experienced by civilians in Gaza for a long time."

"We want to donate the results to humanitarian organizations that save lives in Gaza every day and provide active emergency assistance in the field," NFF President Lies Klaveness said in a statement in the middle of this week.

It's unclear how much revenue the Norwegian federation expects from match ticket sales, which will start next week.

The NFF said it was working with UEFA and the local police regarding security arrangements for the October 11, 2025 match.

Extra security is expected to limit the capacity to 3,000 tickets. Ullevaal Stadium usually accommodates 26,000 spectators for national team matches.

Meanwhile, the Israeli Football Federation (IFA) responded to the move shortly by urging Norway to also condemn Hamas' attacks and hostage-takings on October 7, 2023.

In a statement first published by the British daily, The Telegraph, the Israeli Football Federation also asked Norway to ensure that the money was not transferred to terrorist organizations or whaling, referring to issues that have drawn global criticism from Norway.

Israel has not been able to host international matches for security reasons since October 2023.

Previously, Israel held a 2026 World Cup Qualification chance match against Norway in Hungary. Norway won the match with a score of 4-2 in March 2025.

Norway is currently at the top of Group I of the 2026 World Cup Qualifiers consisting of five countries, ahead of Israel and Italy.

Ahead of the crucial 2026 World Cup Qualification between Italy vs Israel in the next two months, the Italian Football Coach Association (AIAC) urged Israel to be suspended from international competitions.

AIAC has written an official letter to the Italian Football Federation (FIGC), to be forwarded to European and world football regulatory bodies, stating Israel must stop and football must also take action.

Gabriele Gravina, President of the FIGC, is also UEFA Senior Vice President.

"The AIAC Board of Directors unanimously believes that, given the daily massacres, which have also resulted in hundreds of deaths among managers, coaches, and athletes, are legitimate, necessary, even mandatory, to place demand, which will be submitted to UEFA and FIFA, temporarily excluding Israel from sporting competitions, as the center of federation talks," the letter reads.

"Because past pain cannot obscure anyone's conscience and humanity."

Italy is scheduled to face Israel in the neutral field in Debrecen, Hungary, on September 8, 2025, before hosting the same opponent at Udine on October 14, 2025.

"We could focus on playing and not care. However, we believe that's not true," said AIAC vice president Giancarlo Camolese.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)