JAKARTA - Forward Mohamed Salah finally returned to the Liverpool squad for their 2-0 Premier League victory over Brighton and Hove Albion at Anfield Stadium on Saturday, December 13, 2025, WIB. Manager Arne Slot, considering the club's best interests, relented and started Salah.
Slot was originally not going to play Salah when they hosted Brighton. This was especially true after Salah caused another internal commotion when he posted a photo of himself working out at the club's training ground shortly before Liverpool's Champions League match against Inter Milan.
The post generated some commotion and prompted comments from former Reds players.
Fortunately, Liverpool weathered the pressure and defeated Inter 1-0 away. Interestingly, Liverpool's only goal came from a penalty kick taken by Dominik Szoboszlai. Previously, Salah had always taken penalties.
Without Salah, Liverpool have actually shown a positive trend. Slot will still not play the Egyptian national team captain when they travel to Liverpool for their home match against Brighton.
The players already knew this, as Slot's strategy, which included Salah, was similar to the ones he had prepared against Sunderland, West Ham United, and Leeds United.
Apparently, that plan fell apart. Slot ultimately brought Salah on, even though he started the match on the bench. However, the 33-year-old winger had already come on to replace Joe Gomez, who was injured and had to be withdrawn in the 26th minute.
Gomez himself provided the assist for Hugo Ekitike after just one minute. Ekitike then scored a brace, and this time Salah provided the assist, leading Liverpool to a 2-0 victory.
So why was Salah back in the team when Slot had planned to leave him out? After further investigation, Salah had apparently reached a "peace agreement" with the club's top brass.
The agreement was mutually beneficial for both parties, even if it was only temporary or short-term.
Yes, Salah wanted to play in the final match before leaving Liverpool to join Egypt for the Africa Cup of Nations. On the other hand, the club didn't want to suffer significant losses if Salah's value dropped due to the unresolved conflict.
This is because Saudi Arabian clubs are ready to make offers for Salah. And this time, Liverpool is ready to release Salah to Saudi Arabia for a high price.
A Sky Sports journalist revealed the existence of a short-term agreement between Liverpool and Salah.
"I think it seems like there's a peace agreement. But I don't know how long the peace agreement will last. It could be short-term," said Sky Sports journalist Kaveh Solhekol.
He also revealed that Slot ultimately relented because he put the interests of the team and the club first. Previously, in Milan after the match against Inter, Slot had stated, "Who started the commotion?"
Slot also asked Clarence Seedorf in an exclusive interview, "Everyone can make mistakes. So what if the person involved doesn't feel guilty? Then who will initiate the conversation, me or him?"
Slot's hardline stance finally softened upon his return to Anfield. "I understand that Arne Slot made a decision that prioritized the interests of the team and the club," Solhekol added.
"He thought Salah was only thinking about himself. Slot didn't think Salah deserved to return to the team after what he did. But Slot ultimately thought more broadly and did what was best for the club," he said.
Slot's condescending attitude led to Salah's return to the game and his farewell to the fans before joining the Egyptian national team.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)