JAKARTA The defending MotoGP champion of the Spanish nation, Jorge Martin, confirmed that he would continue to strengthen the Aprilia team in next year's race.
This assurance was conveyed by Martin in a press conference ahead of the Czech MotoGP 2025 race at the Brno Circuit on Thursday, July 17, 2025.
"I'm very happy to be back here. Six or seven months of very difficult, many injuries, but in the end, I'm happy to be back here and back to MotoGP."
"I'm happy to be able to say that I will stay with Aprilia until 2026," Martin said as quoted from the official MotoGP website.
SEE ALSO:
Previously, news had emerged that said Martin would leave Aprilia. This was because of his statement on social media regarding the intention to activate the clause leaving at the end of the season.
Martin said that the desire to leave had crossed his mind due to a long injury that had plagued him since the start of the season.
"At that moment I had to make a decision and the goal was to be able to drive Aprilia longer. Otherwise, I would definitely apply the clause," he said.
Martin has only raced once so far, to be precise in Qatar in April 2025. He had an accident there that broke his ribs and injured his lungs.
Prior to that, he had two accidents at the Sepang test and once in training ahead of the season's opening race which took place in Thailand.
Absence in many races makes it almost impossible for Martin to defend his title. Even though he can perform well for the rest of the season, he is a bit difficult to catch up with Marc Marquez, the current leader of the standings.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)