BENGKULU - The Kaur District Attorney's Office (Kejari), Bengkulu Province, has re-appointed two suspects in the corruption case of the Kaur District Regional Representative Council Secretariat (Sekwan) in the 2023 fiscal year with a state loss of Rp. 13 billion.
The two suspects are the former treasurer of the Kaur Regency DPRD with the initials EY and the former member of the Kaur Regency DPRD for the period 2019 to 2024, namely TP.
"It is true that the Kaur District Attorney's Office has named two suspects in the corruption case of official travel at the Kaur Regency DPRD Secretariat (Sekwan) and one of them is a former member of the Kaur DPRD," said Head of the Intelligence Section of the Kaur District Attorney's Office, Albert N, when confirmed in Bengkulu City, Antara, Tuesday, February 24.
The determination of the suspects against the two people was because they were suspected of receiving a flow of state travel funds which caused a loss of approximately IDR 13 billion.
He said the determination of the two suspects was made after the facts revealed in the trial regarding the active role of the suspects in the corruption of official travel.
Previously, the Kaur District Attorney's Office had named four other people, namely the former Kaur DPRD Sekwan Arsal Adelin, former Public Relations Officer Roni Oksuntri, former General Officer Aprianto, and former Deputy Head of Halim Zaend.
The four convicts have been sentenced by the Bengkulu Corruption Crime Court (PN Tipikor) Panel of Judges to the same sentence for four defendants in the corruption case of official travel in the Regional Representative Council (DPRD) of Kaur Regency, resulting in state losses of IDR 13 billion.
"The four defendants were proven to have committed the crime of corruption in a lawful and convincing manner together with the modus operandi of making a fictitious travel report," said the Chairman of the Bengkulu Tipikor PN Criminal Court of Justice Paisol.
For the fourth verdict of the defendants, namely the former Secretary of the Kaur Regency DPRD, Arsal Adelin, was sentenced to five years and six months in prison with a fine of Rp. 500 million, with the provision that if the fine is not paid, it will be replaced with imprisonment for two months.
The defendant Arsal is also required to pay compensation of IDR 1.2 billion and if it is not paid within one month after the final and binding decision, then his property will be confiscated and auctioned, but if the property is insufficient, the defendant must serve an additional prison sentence for three years.
Furthermore, former Head of Public Relations Roni Oksuntri was sentenced to five years and six months in prison and a fine of Rp500 million, with two months in prison, and paid compensation of up to Rp1.02 billion.
Former Head of the General Affairs Section of the Kaur Regency DPRD, Aprianto, was sentenced to five years and six months in prison with a fine of Rp. 500 million, plus two months in prison, and paid Rp. 1.02 billion in compensation.
As well as the defendant, the former Head of the Halim Zaend Sub-section, was sentenced to five years and six months in prison with a fine of Rp. 500 million, a two-month imprisonment, and must pay compensation of Rp. 1.24 billion, but if it is not paid within one month, then the property will be confiscated and auctioned, if it is not enough, it will be replaced with a prison sentence of three years in prison.
"The actions of the defendants are contrary to the government's efforts to eradicate corruption and do not support clean and transparent state financial management," said Paisol.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)