JAKARTA - The head of the Supreme Court (MA) of Iran, Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei, promised to hold an open trial to try the perpetrators of the riots in the recent anti-government demonstrations.

Mohseni-Ejei said the court would also present witnesses who knew the bloody rioters.

"We intend to take steps to make the trial of some of the key participants in the recent riots open and covered by the media," Mohseni-Ejei said, quoted by Tass via the Mehr news agency, Wednesday, January 14.

According to Mehr's report, Mohseni-Ejei has visited one of the prisons in Tehran. In the prison, he spent five hours digging for information to find out the situation of the prisoners who were arrested during the bloody demonstrations in Iran.

Previously, Iranian police announced that they had detained nearly 300 people accused of being involved in riots and attacking security forces during demonstrations in many places in Iran.

The bloody demonstration in Iran started with a protest by traders in Tehran on December 29, 2025. They protested against the sharp decline in the value of the Iranian rial.

On December 30, student masses joined demonstrations that led to riots in many cities in Iran.

The peak of the riots occurred on Thursday, January 8 at night, when at least 13 civilians, including a three-year-old child, were killed by the rioters. The authorities also announced the deaths of 38 law enforcement officers.

Tehran's mayor, Alireza Zakani, said rioters had burned 25 mosques, and damaged 26 banks, three health centers, and ten government buildings, along with more than 100 fire trucks, buses, and ambulances.

Iranian authorities have designated the rioters as terrorists and accused Israel and the US of being involved in the peaceful demonstrations that led to the riots.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)