JAKARTA - The Indonesian Army is building an aramco bridge to connect the land route which was previously cut off due to a disaster in the Langkat area, North Sumatra (Sumut).

Head of the TNI AD Information Service (Kadispenad) Brigadier General TNI Donny Pramono said that his party was making this effort to accelerate the recovery of infrastructure damaged by the disaster.

"The construction of the bridge involves joint personnel from Yonzipur 1, Zidam I/Bukit Barisan, the local Babinsa, and civilian personnel operating heavy equipment," he said, quoted by ANTARA, Tuesday, December 23.

Donny said the construction had been carried out since Saturday (20/12) and is still ongoing.

He explained that the bridge, which has a length of about 17 meters with a width of five meters and a depth of six meters, was worked on gradually.

In the first phase, said Donny, the personnel focused on leveling the floor of the bridge stand using an excavator heavy equipment, followed by the preparation and initial assembly of the aramco bridge construction.

Furthermore, the physical construction process was carried out until the bridge was finally completed and could be used.

According to Donny, so far his party has not experienced many obstacles in carrying out the construction process. He ensured that the bridge would be completed in the near future.

"The Gulbencal Task Force of Kodam I/BB will continue to optimize the work in stages so that the bridge can be immediately functional and people's access can return to normal," he explained.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)