The joint SAR team found and evacuated the bodies of two landslide victims in Pandanarum Village, Banjarnegara Regency, Central Java in the search process throughout Friday.

Head of the Semarang SAR Office Budiono said the two victims found were an adult woman and a boy, respectively.

"It was found on Friday afternoon in Sector C," he said as quoted by ANTARA, Friday, November 21.

From the identification results, he continued, the two victims who were found were named Susanti and Jonathan Prayoga, respectively.

He explained that the rain that fell resulted in the search process not being carried out optimally.

Search activities have to be stopped when it rains to anticipate things that are not desirable.

The search process, he continued, was also supported by the operation of 17 heavy equipment.

He said the search process on Saturday (22/11) would still be focused on Sector A and C.

As of Friday, 12 victims were found and evacuated, while the number of victims who were still declared missing was 16 people.

Previously, landslides hit Pandanarum Village on Sunday (16/11) which was allegedly triggered by very high rainfall that flushed the hilly area for several hours.

Dozens of people were reported missing due to being buried by landslides.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)