The panel of judges at the Medan District Court (PN), North Sumatra, rejected the exception filed by Desire Br Sihite alias Siska (35), as the owner of the Barbie Cia Production Studio (BCP) accused of fraud and embezzlement worth more than Rp758.4 million.
"Declaring that the exception submitted by the defendant through his legal advisor is unacceptable," said Chief Judge Lucas Sahabat Duha when reading the interlocutory decision at the Medan District Court, Tuesday, March 4.
According to the panel of judges, the exception of the defendant Siska had entered the subject matter of the case, and the indictment had met the formal requirements.
In addition, the panel of judges also assessed that the indictment of the Public Prosecutor (JPU) of the Medan District Attorney (Kejari) had been careful, clear, and complete.
Trials of cases of alleged fraud and embezzlement worth more than Rp758.4 million against victims of Alexander need to be proven, and continue until the final verdict.
"Ordered the prosecutor to continue the examination of the case. Presenting court fees until the final verdict," explained Judge Lucas.
After reading the interlocutory verdict, Chief Judge Lucas Sahabat Duha postponed the trial and continued next week with the agenda of examining witnesses.
"The trial was postponed and continued on Tuesday (11/3). It was requested that the public prosecutor could bring witnesses to trial," said Lucas Sahabat Duha.
The Public Prosecutor of the Medan Attorney General's Office, Risnawati Ginting, in her previous indictment stated that this case began in March 2019.
At that time, the victim named Alexander registered at the BCP Studio to be trained as a model by paying a registration fee of Rp. 1.5 million.
"Then, in August 2019 the defendant Siska, who is the judge of the beauty event, offered Alexander to participate in the film at PH (production house) Sinemart as much as 200 episodes and a food advertisement star for a fee of Rp. 4 billion," he said.
Because, he continued, the defendant Siska, who claimed to be close to a number of artists and asked the victim Alexander to pay a sum of money, and the victim believed and was tempted by the offer.
Without suspicion, victim Alexander sent money to the defendant Siska dozens of times from August 30, 2019 to February 13, 2024, totaling Rp758,400,000 or Rp758.4 million more.
After the money was given to the defendant Siska, victim Alexander so far has not played in the 200-episode film as promised by the defendant.
SEE ALSO:
So that the victim Alexander suffered a loss of more than Rp758.4 million by reporting the defendant Siska's actions to the Medan Polrestabes.
"For his actions, the defendant violated Article 378 of the Criminal Code as the primary indictment and Article 372 of the Criminal Code, as stated in the subsidiary indictment," said Public Prosecutor Risnawati.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)