JAKARTA - History today, 10 years ago, January 15, 2016, the Secretary-General (Sekjen) of the United Nations (UN), Ban Ki-moon condemned the Sarinah bomb terror act. He stressed that there was no justification for terrorism. He hopes that the government will immediately drag those involved to court.
Previously, bomb terror and shooting in the Jalan MH Thamrin area, Central Jakarta, caused a commotion. The bomb terror appeared in the afternoon. This condition made all world leaders condemn the perpetrators of the terror.
Terror acts often bring panic everywhere. This condition is present in the event of a bomb terror act and armed attack that took place in the Jalan M.H. Thamrin area on January 14, 2016. The action, widely known as the Sarinah bomb terror, targeted two places.
First, the Starbucks outlet at the Cakrawala Building. Second, the police post in front of the Sarinah Building. The result was that the bombs exploded from two places. Panic arose. Moreover, the terrorists who were on alert then knew that Sunakim alias Afif and Muhamad Ali were moving to launch an attack on the police who were on duty.
The shooting also occurred. Civilians were not spared from the gunfire. Several were also victims. As a result, the act of terror killed a total of four terrorists and several civilians. The incident then attracted the attention of many people to come to Jalan Thamrin.
They wanted to see the impact of the terror act firsthand. Later, the event attracted the attention of Indonesian officials and politicians. They all condemned the Sarinah bomb terror act.
President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) also did not want to be left behind. Jokowi condemned the bomb terror act. He considered that the security forces had acted proportionately by beating back the bomb terror perpetrators. Jokowi also guaranteed that the security forces would track down all the perpetrators of the bombing.
"Primarily, those behind the scenes. He asked all Indonesians not to be afraid and panic. Terror efforts will not stop if people are afraid.
"We are all of course grieving the loss of the victims of this incident. I have ordered the National Police Chief, to the Minister of Home Affairs to pursue, catch! Both those in the event and those in the network of this network."
"The state, nation and people should not be afraid. We must not be afraid, we must not be defeated by acts of terror like this and I hope the community will remain calm because everything is under control," said Jokowi as quoted by the Cabinet Secretariat website, January 14, 2016.
Criticism of the perpetrators of terrorism does not only come from within the country. World leaders also highlighted the Sarinah bomb terror act. Take the example of the UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon, a day after the terrorist act on January 15, 2016.
Moon condemned the Sarinah bomb terror act in Jakarta. He revealed that there was no justification for terrorism. He hopes that the Indonesian government will immediately move to arrest the perpetrators and all terrorist networks behind the scenes.
"There is no absolute justification for this act of terrorism. I hope that the perpetrators of the bomb terror attack will be brought to justice quickly," Moon said as quoted by the Okezone.com page, January 15, 2016.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)