JAKARTA - President Prabowo Subianto said that food self-sufficiency can be achieved three years earlier than targeted.

Prabowo initially stated that Indonesia would not import rice, corn and salt by 2025.

According to him, this was thanks to the hard work of the ministers of the Red and White Cabinet.

"I am grateful to the ministers who have reported to me, in 2025 we will no longer import rice, will no longer import corn, will no longer import salt," Prabowo said at the opening of the Plenary Cabinet Session as seen on the Presidential Secretariat's YouTube, Wednesday, January 22.

For this reason, Prabowo believes that food self-sufficiency will be achieved by the end of 2025 or at the latest in 2026.

In fact, the Head of State previously targeted food self-sufficiency to be achieved in four years.

"This means that the target that I give to the cabinet is that Indonesia must be self-sufficient within 4 years, thank God we can achieve the target by the end of 2025 or no later than early 2026," said Prabowo.

"So, maybe three years ahead of the target we set."

Prabowo believes, with good intentions and hard work, later various policies can be implemented more quickly.

"This means that with orientation to the state and nation, reasonable policies will produce quick results. We must believe this," he said.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)