JAKARTA - The government targets to open all land access in areas affected by the floods of Aceh, North Sumatra and West Sumatra, before the 2025 Christmas and 2026 New Year holidays (Nataru 2025/2026).
The Ministry of Public Works (PU) claims that emergency handling is carried out for 24 hours so that all major connectivity in the three provinces can immediately penetrate again to support logistics distribution and community mobility, especially in the Nataru 2025/2026 period.
"The first priority is to open road access so that all aid and equipment can enter safely. It is hoped that all work can be completed no later than December 16, 2025," said PU Minister Dody Hanggodo, quoted from a written statement, Wednesday, December 3.
Dody said that his party will continue to increase support for heavy equipment and personnel as needed, as well as work closely with BPBD and local governments so that the handling takes place effectively.
Based on the identification results of the Technical Center of the Ministry of Public Works until December 2, 2025, a total of 253 landslide points and 86 flood points caused damage to national roads.
In detail, in North Sumatra there were 144 landslide points and 20 floods which caused damage to 25 roads and 4 national bridges. The condition of the road to northern, central and southern parts of Tapanuli is still the focus of handling the Ministry of Public Works because it is the only land logistics access.
"Our focus today is to open the connectivity of the northern coast of Sumatra towards Tapanuli. The route from North Sumatra to the west is not yet open, so the distribution of aid is hampered," he said.
Dody said that his party had deployed all heavy equipment and would be added from the closest provinces that were not affected, such as Riau, Bengkulu and Lampung.
In Aceh Province, there were 46 landslides and 34 flood points which affected 35 national roads and 14 broken bridges.
"For Aceh, there are still floods at a number of points reaching 80 centimeters so heavy equipment cannot enter," he said.
In Sigli Bireuen and the direction of Sibolga, said Dody, access has begun to open, but only small vehicles can cross.
SEE ALSO:
"Today, small trucks can enter, so the aid will roll out immediately. This is very crucial because previously the assistance had to go by sea," he explained.
Furthermore, in West Sumatra Province, there were 63 landslide points and 32 flood points caused disruption to 30 national roads and three bridges experienced scoring.
The Ministry of Public Works is also seeking improvements on national roads by filling aggregates and asphalt on collapsed roads, installing gabions and geotextiles, making Land Detention Walls (DPT), closing avalanches with tarpaulins, rescavating and compacting.
The Ministry of Public Works' Technical Centers also in an integrated manner continue to clean up landslides and flash floods, assist in the search for victims, handling river lanes, normalizing rivers, cleaning sediments and opening emergency lanes.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)