Minister of Finance Purbaya Yudhi Sadive emphasized that he did not hesitate in taking firm action against the perpetrators of importing used clothes, including those sent in sacks or balpres.
According to Purbaya, the rejection of the ban on importing used clothes is tantamount to recognizing involvement in illegal practices.
"The rejection? Who I caught first. If the perpetrators of the threatening zeros, I will arrest him first, it means that he is the culprit, it's clear," he told the media crew, Monday, October 27.
Furthermore, he said that his party continues to carry out surveillance in the field to suppress the illegal import activity.
Purbaya also said that if there were parties who openly opposed this policy, it would facilitate the prosecution process because the rejection could be considered as a form of recognition for involvement in importing illegal used clothes.
"In fact, it's my profit. He admits that 'I'm an illegal importer', right," he said.
Purbaya added that the Government has pocketed the names suspected of importing used clothes, and hopes that the practice will be stopped soon.
"I hope they start to stop it because in the future we will act now in the field, we will continue to check from time to time. If they are caught, they can't get rich first, it's about like that," he explained.
Purbaya also said that if imports of illegal used clothes were successfully stopped, domestic product supplies would increase so that the domestic industry could recover and develop again.
"So we, people like to be confused if it dies, it means there is no supply, the supply of domestic goods should be available later so that the domestic industry will also live again," he said.
Regarding sanctions, Purbaya emphasized that illegal imports are prohibited and must be executed according to their violations.
He added that illegal goods would be destroyed, the perpetrators would be given fines and prisons, and could be blacklisted so that they were prohibited from importing for life.
"It's illegal, it's illegal, the executions are in accordance with the violations. Later, we will tighten the regulations that were not the only ones that said there were legal weaknesses there. But what we can understand will be in the field there," he explained.
SEE ALSO:
Purbaya said that he would issue a special regulation prohibiting imports of illegal used clothes or those sent in sacks or balpres.
Purbaya explained that the regulation will be stated in the form of a Minister of Finance Regulation (PMK) as strengthening regulations issued by other technical ministries, including the Regulation of the Minister of Trade (Permendag) Number 40 of 2022 which has previously banned imports of used clothing.
"We just strengthen the regulation earlier," he said.
He emphasized that the ban only applies to used clothes or thrifting products that enter Indonesia illegally.
"When we legalize the illegal ones, while domestic production dies. Fortunately, he will get it, they are the important thing to make a profit," he said.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)