JAKARTA - The Army has deployed 209 personnel from Kodam XII/Tanjungpura to carry out an operation to evacuate the Airbus H130 helicopter with registration number PK-CFX that fell in the forest area of Sekadau Regency, West Kalimantan (Kalbar), Thursday, April 16.
In an official press release from the Indonesian Army, which was received in Jakarta on Friday, it was explained that the deployment of the Indonesian Army personnel was carried out to help the Search and Rescue (SAR) team speed up the discovery of the location of the helicopter crash and the evacuation of the victims.
Head of the TNI AD Information Service, Brigadier General TNI Donny Pramono, said that the field operation was led by the Commander of Korem 121/Alambhana Wanawai Brigadier General TNI Purnomosidi.
After the search process in a fairly steep terrain, the TNI AD personnel and the SAR team finally found the location of the helicopter crash site.
However, the search process had to be stopped on Thursday (16/4) evening due to unfavorable weather and quite steep terrain. TNI AD personnel and the joint team postponed the evacuation process and are planned to continue this Friday.
"What the personnel have done so far is to secure the location to ensure that the evacuation process goes safely and smoothly," said Donny, quoted by Antara on Friday, April 17 morning.
He hopes that the evacuation process carried out by the TNI AD personnel and all joint personnel who are members of the SAR team will run smoothly and conducive.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)