JAKARTA - More than a thousand people were killed and injured in Israel's attack on Lebanon on Wednesday, shortly after the United States-Iran ceasefire agreement was announced.

The Lebanese Civil Defense said Israeli attacks across Lebanon on Wednesday killed 254 people, while health officials said another 837 were wounded, quoted by The National (9/4).

Meanwhile, dozens of people are still trapped under the rubble as civil defense teams try to find survivors from one of Israel's biggest waves of attacks in the country and its capital.

Israel attacked densely populated residential areas in Beirut with more than 100 strikes in 10 minutes across the country. The attacks continued to hit the center of Beirut on Wednesday night.

"We are facing a dangerous escalation taking place in Lebanon, Israeli aggression with more than 100 air raids targeting innocent civilians in Beirut, Dahiyeh, Bekaa, Mount Lebanon, and the south," Health Minister Rakan Nassereddine told Al Jazeera.

Israel also claimed one of its soldiers, Staff Sergeant Touvel Yosef Lifshiz, was killed in fighting in southern Lebanon.

As previously reported, the Israeli military (IDF) which carried out an attack on Lebanon on March 2, attacked Lebanon on Wednesday under the pretext of targeting the Hezbollah group.

"The terrorist activity of Hezbollah forces the IDF to act decisively against it. The IDF does not intend to harm you. For your safety, you must immediately evacuate your home," said IDF spokesman Avichaya Adraee, quoted by The Telegraph.

The bombing came after Israel said it backed US President Donald Trump's decision to declare a ceasefire, but not in Lebanon.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)