JAKARTA - The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) stated that the calculation of state losses in the corruption case of determining quotas and organizing the 2023-2024 hajj at the Ministry of Religion (Kemenag) would soon be finalized by the Financial Audit Agency (BPK).
This was conveyed by KPK spokesperson Budi Prasetyo after investigators examined the former Minister of Religion Yaqut Cholil Qoumas as a witness, Friday, January 30. During the examination, Yaqut was said to have been examined by the BPK auditor such as Ishfah Abidal Aziz alias Gus Alex, former staff in particular, and the boss of Maktour Travel, Fuad Hasan Masyhur.
"The testimony that has been submitted by the witnesses in this week will be finalized by friends at the BPK. So, we are waiting together and hopefully the final result of the calculation of the state's loss calculation can be completed soon," Budi told reporters at the KPK's Red and White building, Persada yellow, South Jakarta.
"So that the state's investigation process can also progress again soon. And we will wait together," he continued.
Meanwhile, Yaqut was frugal after undergoing an examination for 4.5 hours from 13.15 WIB to 17.40 WIB. He initially explained that he had given information to the KPK investigators.
"I conveyed what I knew, in full, yes, to the investigator," Yaqut told reporters at the location.
Yaqut did not answer further questions about his examination. He was also silent when asked about Fuad Hasan's claim that Maktour only received a slightly additional quota for the Hajj from the Ministry of Religion.
This claim was made by Fuad when he underwent an examination on Monday, January 26. At that time, the businessman even said that the quota for the Maktour special hajj quota had been drastically reduced in 2024.
Meanwhile, Mellisa Anggraeni as Yaqut's lawyer denied that her client arranged the distribution of the haj quota without a strong basis. "No, that's a lie," he said.
"If the quota determination is indeed in accordance with the legal aspect," continued Mellisa.
As previously reported, the KPK has announced two suspects in the corruption case for determining quotas and organizing the 2023-2024 Hajj period at the Ministry of Religion. They are former Minister of Religion Yaqut Cholil Qoumas and staff in particular, Ishfah Abidal Aziz alias Gus Alex.
The determination of the suspect was made later, because the KPK investigated the alleged corruption by using a general investigation order (sprindik) issued on August 7, 2025.
The Sprindik general uses Article 2 Paragraph 1 and/or Article 3 of Law Number 31 of 1999 concerning the Eradication of Corruption as amended by Law Number 20 of 2021 jo article 55 paragraph 1-1 of the Criminal Code. This means that there is state loss that occurs due to this corrupt practice.
The KPK said that the state's losses in the 2023-2024 quota and Hajj management corruption cases were said to have reached more than Rp. 1 trillion. The suspicion began with the provision of 20,000 additional Hajj quotas from the Saudi Arabian government for Indonesia to reduce the queue of pilgrims.
However, recently the distribution turned out to be problematic because it was divided equally, namely 50 percent for regular hajj and 50 percent for special hajj.
In fact, according to the law, the distribution should be 92 percent for regular hajj and 8 percent for special hajj.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)