The joint SAR team confirmed that a flash flood survivor in Jorong (dusun) Toboh, Nagari (village) East Malalak, Malalak District, Agam Regency, West Sumatra (West Sumatra) died after previously refusing to be evacuated to a safer location.
"Initially the survivors survived the flash flood but refused to be evacuated and eventually died," said Head of Operations and Alert Section (Kasi Ops) of the Padang Class A SAR Office, Hendri in Agam Regency, Friday, confiscated by Antara.
Hendri said the joint SAR team had tried and persuaded the victim to be evacuated to a safer place. Even though they did not want to be evacuated, the SAR team still treated the victims because they suffered several injuries due to flash flood material.
"The victim did not want us to evacuate and was forced by the medical team to provide basic medical services," he said.
SEE ALSO:
SEE ALSO:
At the time the officers were found, the victim suffered lacerations to the body and head. Currently, the victim has been prayed and buried by the people of Nagari (village) East Malak, Malalak District.
The latest data shows that the joint SAR team has evacuated nine victims who died and referred to a number of survivors who were injured to the nearest hospital. Meanwhile, other survivors are still staying in refugee camps with limited food, drinks, blankets and medicines.
Separately, West Sumatra Deputy Governor Vasko Ruseimy said assistance from President Prabowo Subianto had arrived at Minangkabau International Airport which was then distributed to each disaster-affected area.
"Alhamdulillah, the aid has arrived. This is the assistance of the President directly from him and will soon be distributed to all affected areas," he said.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)