JAKARTA - The Indonesian Child Protection Commission (KPAI) confirmed that hundreds of children involved in the demonstration in front of the DPR Building, Jakarta, on Monday (25/8), had been sent home to their respective parents.

"KPAI coordinated with Polda Metro Jaya and directly supervised the situation of the children while at Polda Metro Jaya on August 26, 2025, from morning until they were handed back to their parents and sent home in the afternoon," said KPAI member baik Apituley when contacted in Jakarta, Antara, Thursday, August 28.

A total of 196 boys were detained for about 20 hours at Polda Metro Jaya for allegedly being involved in anarchist acts. Their age range is between 12 and 17 years, and comes from Jakarta, Tangerang, and Bekasi.

"We regret the re-involvement of children in anarchist demonstrations in Jakarta," said Shafa.

He appreciated Polda Metro Jaya for being open and facilitating KPAI to carry out direct supervision of these children.

KPAI noted that the children were fed on time and were able to rest at night.

However, they did not receive assistance as required in Law Number 11 of 2012 concerning the Juvenile Criminal Justice System.

"This is admitted by the Polda Metro Jaya, on the grounds that the children who were detained were not examined and the BAP was not made, but were only asked to tell stories verbally and in writing regarding the actions they participated in," said Shafa.

In handling this case, KPAI also coordinates with the DKI Jakarta Department of Empowerment, Child Protection and Population Control (PPAPP).

"KPAI coordinates with the PPAPP Office to immediately provide short psychosocial assistance services for children," he said.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)