JAKARTA - Determination of the EU's second round of import duties against the United States will cover the motorized aviation and transportation sectors, including spare parts, as well as import duties for the bourbon, the Politico newspaper reported.

Earlier on Monday (14/7), European Commissioner for Economic Trade and Security Maros Sefcovic said the European Commission had submitted its proposal to EU countries for a second countermeasure package, which could be introduced in early August if there was no agreement with Washington.

Reported by ANTARA from Sputnik, Tuesday, July 15, the second round of the retaliatory rates reportedly includes United States product goods worth a total of around 72 billion euros (around Rp1,370 trillion).

The goods most affected by the import duty policy were aircraft and spare parts worth nearly 11 billion euros, followed by machines, then cars and spare parts, chemicals and plastics, medical equipment and equipment, electrical equipment, and industrial goods.

The previous version of the package reportedly had an impact on American goods worth a total of 95 billion euros.

US President Donald Trump on July 12 announced he would charge 30 percent of European imported goods from August 1, while previous sectoral rates would remain in effect.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said on weekends that the European Union would resume negotiations with Washington, but warned that they were ready to take countermeasures.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)