JAKARTA - French Foreign Minister Jean-Noel Barrot protested against Israel for endangering two of its citizens after airstrikes hit Evin's prison in Tehran.

France said all attacks must be stopped immediately to open the door for new diplomacy.

Israel on Monday attacked Tehran's most famous prison for political prisoners who were also places of a number of foreign nationals being detained.

The attack targeting the EVin prison in Tehran is endangering our citizens totaling Kohler and Jacques Paris, who have been detained for three years. This is unacceptable," Jean-Noel Barrot said on social media X.

France in May filed a case with the World Court against Iran for violating the right to consular protection as an attempt to pressure Iran over the detention of its two nationals.

Barrot, who requested that French diplomatic staff be given access to them as soon as possible, said they were not affected by the damage on site.

"All attacks must be stopped now to pave the way for negotiations and diplomacy," said Barrot.

It was previously reported that the Israeli military attacked the entrance to Iran's famous EVin prison on Monday. Israel returned to attack from Sunday evening until it continued Monday targeting Iranian military facilities.

Israeli Defense Minister Katz confirmed Evin's prison was targeted, along with several other locations, including the main building of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and the Basij headquarters (IRGC paramilitary wing).

Security forces at the detention center of Evin are known for their long record of human rights abuses. Political activists, journalists, and musicians are among those who have been imprisoned at the facility.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)