JAKARTA - Hamas said negotiations on some of the core issues of the ceasefire agreement in Gaza had progressed.
"Negotiations on some core issues are progressing and we are trying to quickly resolve what remains," an official in the Palestinian group told Reuters on Friday, January 13.
The mediators handed over Israel and Hamas the final draft agreement to end the war in Gaza.
The draft was handed over after a midnight breakthrough in negotiations attended by Israeli envoys including US President Joe Biden's envoy.
Officials familiar with the negotiations said a draft for the ceasefire and the release of hostages had been delivered by Qatar to both sides at talks in Doha, which was attended by Israel's chief spy agents Mossad and Shin Bet and Qatari's prime minister.
The official said Steve Witkoff, who will become US envoy when Trump returns to US president next week, attended the talks. Sources in the US said Biden's government envoy, Brett McGurk, was also there.
SEE ALSO:
"The next 24 hours will be a very important time to reach an agreement," the official said.
Radio Kan Israel, citing an Israeli official, reported to Israeli delegations and Hamas in Qatar that it had accepted the draft.
Meanwhile, the Israeli delegation has briefed Israeli leaders. Israel, Hamas and Qatar's Foreign Ministry did not respond to requests for confirmation or comment.
Officials on both sides, although not confirming the final draft, described the progress in the negotiations.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)