Alex Rins confirmed that he will leave the Yamaha factory in 2027. He said this amid news that Ai Ogura would replace his position at the fork factory.
Rins revealed that his future at Yamaha had been told by team boss Massimo Meregalli in a phone call. He said that the Japanese manufacturer had signed a second rider to fill the position he would leave.
"He said he shouldn't have said anything, but he would tell me because he has a good relationship with me," Rins said as quoted by Crash.
The Spaniard left Honda and joined Yamaha in 2024. He got results that were far from satisfactory with the Inline-4 engine, but saw new opportunities when the V4 engine project began to be introduced.
Rins admitted that the V4 engine was still far from perfect, but it was definitely better than the previous engine. He initially hoped to achieve great success with the new project before getting the disappointing news.
"They have made a decision. So, I have to respect it," said the 30-year-old rider.
Even though his future is certain, Rins ensures that he will continue to work as hard as a professional in the rest of the season.
"I will give 100 percent. I'm the same Alex, who won with Suzuki or Honda, and there are still 18 races ahead of us. So, we will deploy all our abilities," he said.
According to rumors circulating, Yamaha has signed Jorge Martin as their first rider and Oi Agura is the second rider they have just signed a contract.
This rumor is strengthened because it is implied in the content of Rins' talks with Meregalli. On the other hand, Ogura refused to comment on the report when urged by the media on Thursday, April 23, 2026.
The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and French versions are automatically generated by the AI. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)