Lewis Hamilton Positive For COVID-19
Lewis Hamilton (Photo: Antara)

JAKARTA - Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton is positive for COVID-19 and will be absent from the upcoming Sakhir Grand Prix. This was announced by the sports governing body (FIA), as quoted by Reuters from Reuters, Tuesday, December 1.

Hamilton, who has become world champion for the seventh time and won the Bahrain Grand Prix last weekend, is experiencing mild symptoms but remains fit and fine, the Mercedes team said.

"Lewis tested three times last week and came back negative in each of the tests, the most recent was Sunday at the Bahrain International Circuit as part of the weekend standard race test program," the Formula One champions said.

"But he woke up Monday morning with mild symptoms and was told at the same time that a contact before arriving in Bahrain had suddenly tested positive."

"Therefore Lewis also underwent further tests and the results were positive."

The 35-year-old British racer is now in isolation according to health guidelines. Mercedes will soon announce Hamilton's replacement racer.

The Sakhir Grand Prix is held on December 6.


The English, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, French, and Spanish versions are automatically generated by the system. So there may still be inaccuracies in translating, please always see Indonesian as our main language. (system supported by DigitalSiber.id)